FAQ Page

Where do I find Middle Harbour Houseboats?
Middle Harbour Houseboats is located at Cammeray Marina, Folly Point, Cammeray (46 Cowroy Ave) a few blocks north of Neutral Bay shops (Military Road), just 8 minutes drive from the CBD of Sydney

Where do I park my car?
You can park your car in the car park at Tunks Park or in Cowdroy Ave, Cammeray (recommended). Cammeray Marina has a 7 day/week tender service to deliver you to the boat.

What should I pack?
Our houseboats are fully equipped with cutlery, crockery, glassware, frying pans, saucepans & other kitchen utensils. Cooking facilities are a gas cooktop, grill & oven. There is a fridge for your convenience. Pillows & doonas are provided .You do need to bring your own pillowcases, sheets and towels. As storage is limited on all houseboats, soft bags are preferable to suitcases & nonslip shoes are recommended for safety on board.

I have not driven a boat before- Do I need a licence?
No. You don't need a licence to drive one of our houseboats. You do need to be at least 25 years of age and a holder of a current motor vehicle licence. On board we will brief you on the operation of the boat and where you can take it and then take you on short drive to make sure you feel comfortable with the boat before setting off on your own. For those preferring not to drive the houseboat a chartering service is available on request.

What if I damage the boat?
The boat is fully insured but you are responsible for damages and loss of equipment up to the value of your bond, providing you have met our conditions of hire. Wilful or negligent damage is not covered. The wind is one of the biggest dangers with all Houseboats. This is because of the flat bottom boat and flat sides. If the wind gets over 20 kms/hr then this can become tricky to manoeuvre the boat. We will let you know of the forecast before hiring the boat and will contact you if any changes.

How far can I take the houseboat?
You can take the boat throughout the reaches of Middle Harbour which includes between Roseville Bridge and the Spit Bridge.

Is there a TV or music on board?
Yes there is a colour TV/DVD/CD on board as well as an AM/FM radio.

What if I need assistance out on the water?
 In the event of an emergency, or you can call us, Dave & Judy on 0412 721 036. We are on the water not far from you in our other houseboat.

What food should I bring?
We recommend you bring whatever food & drink you need for the duration of your holiday. A 4 burner stove, oven is supplied for cooking and a fridge for keeping food and drinks cool.

What about water & fuel?
Water tanks on board hold drinking water. As water supply is limited care should be taken using the water. The fridges, stoves, hot water heater & BBQ are powered by gas .

Your boat will have 2 full 9 kg bottles of gas. Your boat will have 2 full 25 litre tanks of unleaded petrol on board. This will last approximately 20 hours of motoring

Is there power on board?
Our houseboats are fitted with 12 volt DC supply with a cigarette lighter style plug socket the same as you will find in a car. Mobile phones can be charged from this.




Contact Dave    escapeafloat@gmail.com    0412 721 036